Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Queen of the Knerds


So, mostly I'm avoiding homework and web site updating I need to do but...
At our last SnB Emily was talking about how your pattern will come out looking different if you plan on regular graph paper because stitches aren't square. I had some trouble finding knitter's graph paper so I found a picture of some on line, estimated that the ratio is about 1.5:1 and made some of my own damn graph paper! Any way, I made 2 sizes in Excel and also made them available in PDF for anyone who doesn't have Office. I also threw up a knitting icon I found online. Any who, here's where you go:
http://homepage.mac.com/e_to_the_m/knit_nerd/FileSharing3.html

6 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

You can post hot links in the text of your blog using the blogger compose page. Select the text you wish to "make hot" and then click the icon that looks like a link of chain (get it? it's a "link"). A window will open and you copy the url of the page you wish to link to in the provided field. Voila. Instant hyperlink.

You can also do other html craziness using some simple html tags. Go here for a brief list of some simple tags you can use. You use the "edit html" tab instead of the "compose" tab for this type of posting.

Good posting!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Oh, and do you fine ladies want me to make a logo or something using the knit ball graphic or the "We can do it" graphic on the yahoo group page?

-Bill

6:13 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

That first comment was me too. I was signed in as Emily, but it was really me. Really.

7:43 PM  
Blogger E to the M said...

I don't know about making a logo from either of those two pics since I don't know to whom they really belong. Maybe we could brainstorm at the next SnB and come up with some ideas. I'm always down to avoid homework and would volunteer to play around with the camera/Photoshop/Illustrator.

6:35 PM  
Blogger amy said...

Hey, that graph paper is pretty cool. I haven't tried making my own designs yet, but I'm glad that I'll now be able to stave off the inevitable, "Why did you put spiders on your socks?" and having to reply "It was supposed to be a cat head. It looked like a cat head on paper..."

9:15 AM  
Blogger spiritjess said...

Avoiding homework to knit is always a good thing, because after you stress yourself out doing your homework at the last minute you can relax and knit! Ah...Oh, and isn't knitting graph paper the best?

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home