Time for Secret Pal 8!
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Cashmere! Ha ha, I never buy cashmere and don’t expect my SP to lavish it upon me. I prefer natural fibers but never say no to anything. Content is important but so is feel. I’m over eyelash.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a needle case and the top drawer of a yarn trunk and a vase.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I’ve been knitting about two years; I’d rate myself as intermediate.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, it’s here
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I’m not s huge Yanke Candle fan but I do love the sage and citrus scent. I also like nag champa, white musk from the Body Shop, I like lavender, I like Skin Trip coconut lotion because it reminds me of my mom when I was a kid.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes, I like milk chocolate, almost anything with nuts, good coffee (straight joe, not flavored).
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Well, after work, parenting, and homework the only DIY thing I can manage is dragging my ass to bed. I don’t spin and I am a beginning crochetier.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like everything, well everything that doesn't suck. But seriously Fear Factor to Common, Amiel to Emmy Lou Harris, Nikka Costa to Super Cat, Miles Davis to Stereolab, Chromeo to Coal Chamber - I like it all. Yes my computer can play MP3s.
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Orange is my favorite color but I don't think my own coloring lends to my being able to really wear it. What's the new black this season? Maybe that will be my new favorite! *snark* There aren't really colors I don't like except maybe dusty rose and anything da-glo.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm single with a daughter who is five and a 19-year old cousin who also lives with us. We have 2 cats only one of which goes outside. I have a lot of family and good friends in the area.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I actually wear all of them, the ponchos I wear (I only have 2) are more like plain wraps sewn up on one side.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I don’t really have anything that I love above all else or anything that I abhor.
13. What are you knitting right now?
I have 2 sweaters for myself being neglected on the needles, a sweater with Bruce Lee for my friend’s son, my second Baby’s First Tattoo sweater and a summer weight Clapotis on the needles.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
That’s a little personal don’t you think? I mean we just met.
It really depends on the project, they all have their pros and cons.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yay! I do now.
17. How did you learn to knit?
My gramdmother’s friend taught me when I was a kid and I promptly put down my needles to go play in the dirt, I picked it up again when I was pregnant and knit 1 and 1/2 squares of a 9 square blanket and abandon it again. About a year and a half ago I picked up a book and got together with some knitters and have been obsessive ever since.
18. How old is your oldest UFO?
About a year old.
19. What is your favorite holiday?
Winter Solstice because we all get together to hang out, open gifts, and eat my mom's yummy grits for breakfast.
20. Is there anything that you collect?
I try not to do a ton of collecting because I have enough stuff but anything that catches my eye has the potential, I like dark woods, boxes, random trinkets from India, and I could go on and on, it's more about the item than the completion of or addition to a collection. The closest I come are items related to goddesses and female saints.
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I’ve rated my books by preference on my Amazon wish
list. I have no magazine subscriptions.
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Not that I can think of.
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, I wear a woman’s size US 9.5 shoe.
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)